How this is affecting our Practice
Reviewed 9.4.20 -9.30am
STAY HOME PROTECT THE NHS SAVE LIVES
In light of the current pandemic issue of Corona Virus, we have changed the way we do things at the practice. This will change over the comings days and weeks and possibly months. We would ask you to bear with us and be assured we are working hard to do our very best by you all.
- If you have any NEW cough or high temperature PLEASE DIAL 111. They will consult with you and let you know if you need to be seen.
- If you are referred back to the Practice, and we then contact you with a time, you will be required to wait - in your car - in the car park. Please phone us when you arrive and we will call you back when we are ready to see you. Please follow our instructions, to maintain your safety and those around you.
- If, after speaking to 111 you are requested to attend the Community Assessment Centre (located here at the Health Centre) PLEASE FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTIONS
- If you need to BOOK A ROUTINE APPOINTMENT to see a GP, our staff will book a telephone appointment in the first instance. If the GP then decides that you need to be seen, an appointment will be allocated to you. When you arrive at the surgery, please take one of the marked seats and your GP/Nurse will come for you. There is no requirement to use the Self-Check-in screen or ring the reception bell. Please also ensure that you arrive in time for your appointment. We don't wish other patients to wait unnecessarily.
You must ensure that anyone accompanying you to your appointment,
does NOT have a new cough and/or a high temperature.
- If you need to book an EMERGENCY/SAME DAY APPOINTMENT that is NOT A RESPIRATORY PROBLEM (as outlined above) our staff will book this for you.
AS WE ARE OFFERING TELEPHONE APPOINTMENTS
PLEASE BE AVAILABLE TO ANSWER OUR CALLS ON THE AGREED CONTACT NUMBER
OUR CALL BACK NUMBER DISPLAYS AS AN 0800 NUMBER
ENDING IN ****3993
PLEASE ANSWER OUR CALL BACK
- All appointments will be screened in the usual way by our staff and they will continue to direct you to other local resources, as appropriate, such as the local pharmacy or physiotherapist services.
- We cannot accept appointments at present for New Patients. However, please download the form in the New Patient Tab, complete, and post to us. Alternatively please email the practice and we will send one out to you.
PLEASE NOTE THAT LOCAL PHARMACISTS ARE EXPERIENCING DELAYS IN DISPENSING REGULAR MEDICATIONS. PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 7 DAYS BETWEEN ORDERING YOUR ITEMS AND GOING TO COLLECT THEM.
REMEMBER - YOU CAN REGISTER ON OUR WEBSITE TO ORDER YOUR PRESCRIPTION ITEMS AT ANYTIME. THIS WILL REDUCE PHARMACISTS TIME IN TAKING PHONE CALLS AND ATTENDING TO COUNTER ENQUIRIES FOR MEDICATION REQUESTS.
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR PATIENCE DURING THIS DIFFICULT TIME
The following Screening Programmes have been suspended:-
- Scottish Bowel Screening Service
- Scottish Cervical Screening
- Scottish Diabetic Retinopathy Screening
Information for Patients with Cancer
Information from Lochaber Sensory Care
Information from Local Optician
UP TO DATE INFORMATION AT