CORONA VIRUS (COVID -19)
STAY HOME PROTECT OTHERS SAVE LIVES
Reviewed 29.9.20 - 10.00am
How this Pandemic is affecting our Practice
In light of the current pandemic caused by the Corona Virus, we have changed the way we do certain things at the practice. This is protect you and keep you safe.
PLEASE NOTE - WE ARE OPEN!
IF YOU SUSPECT YOU HAVE COVID-19
- If you have any NEW cough and/or high temperature or loss of smell or taste PLEASE DIAL 111 if you feel you need clinical assessment. They will consult with you and let you know if you need to be seen and where. If however you believe you have COVID-19, go the NHS Inform Website and book an appointment for a test. The testing centre is located at Fort William Fire Station, An Aird, just past Morrison's Petrol Station. If you do not have access to the Internet, please telephone 0800 028 2816
- If you are referred back to the Practice from the 111 service, we will contact you with a time and you will be required to wait - in your car/taxi - in the car park. Please phone us when you arrive and we will call you back when we are ready to see you. Please follow our instructions, to maintain your safety and those around you.
- fOR ALL INFORMATION GO TO THE NHS SCOTLAND INFORM WEBSITE
- Download the Protect Scotland Ap to your smartphone if you can.
Contacts with our GPs will be by telephone appointment only in the first instance. If the GP then decides that you need to see you, they will give you an appointment time – generally on the same day if urgent. When you arrive at the surgery, use the Self-Check-in screen or ring the reception bell then please take one of the marked seats and your GP/Nurse will come for you.
Please also ensure that you arrive in time for your appointment and have an appropriate face covering. There is limited seating so arriving early not only mean a longer wait, but there may be insufficient space.
You must ensure that anyone accompanying you to your appointment does NOT have Covid-19 symptoms (as described earlier) and also waits in a specified seat
Please make sure you are available to answer our call on the agreed contact number, at the appointed time.
Our call back number displays as an 0800 number ending in 3393
If you do not answer the call it is treated as a missed appointment and you will have to re-arrange.
Chronic Disease Patients
ANNUAL RECALLS FOR THOSE WHO SUFFER WITH CHRONIC DISEASE WILL BE RE-INTRODUCED SHORTLY. YOU WILL RECEIVE EITHER THE NORMAL LETTER OR A PHONE CALL REQUESTING YOU ATTEND FOR THIS.
CHILDHOOD IMMUNISATIONS ARE NOT AFFECTED SO PLEASE DO ATTEND WITH YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN WHEN REQUESTED
All appointments will be screened in the usual way by our staff and they will continue to direct you to other local resources, as appropriate, such as the local pharmacy or physiotherapist services.
We are also offering Video Consultation (called NearMe) for those patients who are currently needing physiotherapy input.
Our Practice-based Physiotherapist - Amy MacDonald - will be utilising Video Consultations every Friday for her clinics. You will be offered a time when you book and you can connect via the link below.
If you have any difficulty or are running late, please telephone the practice - we may be having technical issues, which we will be able to advise you about.
You will need a Smartphone or other device - such as a PC/Tablet. It must be enabled for video, have audio and a microphone.
We hope in the future that we will be able to offer this service to other groups of patients. We will keep you in touch with developments
Information for patients on near me video call consultations -
Near Me (Video Consulting) Information
NEW PATIENT REGISTRATIONS
Please download the two (2) forms in the New Patient Tab, complete, and post to us. Alternatively please email the practice and we will reply with the forms as attachments for you to complete and return. A GP will then phone you to discuss your registration.
PLEASE NOTE THAT LOCAL PHARMACISTS ARE EXPERIENCING INTERMITTENT DELAYS IN DISPENSING REGULAR MEDICATIONS. PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 7 DAYS BETWEEN ORDERING YOUR ITEMS AND GOING TO COLLECT THEM.
REMEMBER - YOU CAN REGISTER ON OUR WEBSITE TO ORDER YOUR PRESCRIPTION ITEMS AT ANYTIME. THIS WILL HELP THE PHARMACISTS REDUCE THEIR TURNAROUND TIME AND IMPROVE SERVICE DELIVERY TO YOU
The following Screening Programmes are still currently suspended:-
The Scottish Breast Screening Service
- however this will be resuming in April/May 2021
Information for Patients with Cancer
Information from Lochaber Sensory Care
Information for Caol and Lochyside Residents
MOST UP TO DATE INFORMATION AT
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR PATIENCE DURING THIS CHALLENGING AND DIFFICULT TIME FOR EVERYONE AND PLEASE CONTINUE TO STAY SAFE